. This was another cool and wonderful element to add to your indoor Halloween decor. Especially, it could be the centerpiece of your kitchen table, with a matt black table cloth. Happy Haunting!
GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES
GLASS CANDY DISH on a metal pedestal, no plastic parts as this will be going in the oven! Works best if the dish has a lip around the top, more visible in the pictures below. I found my dish at a garage sale missing the top and covered in dust, oh the possibilities!!
WHITE GLUE – WELDBOND – I use Weldbond as it stands up to the heat of the oven.
PEARL-EX in Aztec Gold
GLITTER GEM STICKERS
LIGHT/S – I used a battery powered LED light like the one shown below. Just remove the globe, flick on the LED light and replace the globe…easy!
THE HOW TO’S:
1. Apply a 1/8 in thick x (however wide your dish dictates) strip of black Sculpey around the edge of the dish. **Apply a little Weldbond to the dish where the Sculpey is applied. Lightly press Sculpey into place.
2. Cut out leaves from black Sculpey, add veining and dust with gold Pearlex. Don’t apply the Pearlex to the area of the leave that will attach to the black strip going around the edge of the candy dish or it won’t adhere.
3. Apply the leaves to the edge of the dish pressing firmly into place. Apply more Pearlex to the band ensursing that all the black Sculpey is covered. Poke a small hole 1/4″ from the end of each leaf big enough for the wire on the earrings to fit through.
4. When you’re happy with your design, place the entire dish in the oven and bake according to the directions on the Sculpey package.
5. When the dish is baked and cured add a few glitter gems and hang the earrings from the leaves.
place your LED light in the bottom of the dish, replace the glass globe and get ready to tell a few fortunes!!